1. The number of people who tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Philippines rose to 552. According to the Department of Health (DOH), there are 90 new confirmed cases today in the entire Philippines.
2. The Department of Health (DOH) announced that it recorded 2 more deaths today in relation to the novel coronavirus disease, bringing the total number of fatalities to 35. Meanwhile, two COVID-infected patients in the country have recovered already.
3. A biotechnology firm in the United States called Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. revealed that it was able to find hundreds of antibodies that will fight the novel coronavirus. It also stated that the best two among those antibodies will be selected and the large-scale manufacturing will start by mid-April.
4. The St. Luke's Medical Center has issued an important public advisory today. The hospital revealed that it exceeded maximum capacity already and that it could no longer accept more COVID-19 patients.
5. Six doctors from the Philippine Heart Center tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease. The said number already included the two doctors who died of the virus. The four other doctors are "relatively well," although the safety officers of the hospital are still tracking the individuals who have come in contact with them.
6. Several scientists finally revealed details on the possible number of hours that the coronavirus stays in the air. According to them, it could last in the air for three to four hours. Aside from the number of hours that the virus remains airborne, they also revealed that the distance from an infected person must be six feet.
7. The popular app called TikTok has donated more than 500 million pesos to the World Health Organization (WHO) to help fight the novel coronavirus pandemic. The donation is meant to provide essential supplies for frontline health workers who combat the said virus.
8. Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto vowed to give financial assistance to vendors and drivers who are unable to work because of the implementation of the enhanced community quarantine. He also disclosed that they will receive relief items.
9. A fire broke out today in one of the buildings in Quezon City amid the enhanced community quarantine that is being implemented there. A video of the blazing fire was uploaded on social media and many netizens expressed their concern over the series of problems hitting the city.
10. A 39-year-old woman who tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease has decided to make a video to warn the public. She took the video while inside the intensive care unit of a hospital in London. She said that those who smoke might have difficulty in case they get infected with COVID-19.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
TikTok dance challenges are taking over social media. We are always on point in asking passers-by to dance to famous songs together with our host Andre! – Don’t forget to subscribe to HumanMeter!