- A Department of Health official on March 22 revealed Secretary Francisco Duque III’s coronavirus disease test result
- Duque, who is currently on home quarantine, got the result on March 21 and it was negative
- As of this posting, the health secretary is still working from home
- It was earlier reported that Duque was exposed to a coronavirus-infected patient who is also a senior health official
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, who is currently on home quarantine, has tested negative for coronavirus disease 2019.
“Lumabas na po ang kanyang resulta kagabi at ito po ay negatibo,” Health Assistant Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said in a telephone interview over radio station DZBB on March 22 morning.
In a report by The Philippine Star, it also quoted the confirmation Vergeire said in the same phone patch interview.
“Wala ho siyang nararamdamang sintomas,” Vergeire said.
She shared that the 63-year-old health secretary is recovering and currently working from home.
“Ngayon po ang ating secretary of health, still working at home. Makakakausap pa lang ho namin. Siya po ay na sa maayos na kundisyon.”
It was earlier reported that Duque was exposed to a coronavirus-infected patient who is also a senior health official working in its central office.
KAMI also previously reported that Duque was placed on home quarantine since March 18 and underwent a test for COVID-19. The result will be out within 2 to 3 days as he continues to work from home.
The coronavirus disease continues to spread globally. As of March 22, there are 380 cases of COVID-19 in the country, including 15 recoveries.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
TikTok dance challenges are taking over social media. We are always on point in asking passers-by to dance to famous songs together with our host Andre! – Don’t forget to subscribe to HumanMeter!