- The local government of Pasig City provides free rides for frontline government and health workers
- This move came after Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto was told to be creative in finding ways to provide free rides for frontline workers
- Eco-friendly buses will be used to cater to government and health frontline workers
- Earlier, Sotto requested the national government to exempt the tricycles from the mass transportation suspension
- However, the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) rejected the request of Sotto
The local government of Pasig City provides free rides for frontline government and health workers.
KAMI learned that GET Philippines provided two 2nd generation Community Managed Electric Transport (Comet) to Pasig City.
According to a Facebook post by the Pasig Transport, the operations of the free rides are from 7:00 to 10:00 a.m. and then 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
As per GET Philippines, the service will operate from Pasig City Hall to Rizal Medical Center and then Sheridan.
We are working with the Pasig City government to offer free rides for essential government personnel and healthcare workers,” it read in their post.
You may refer to their post regarding the route map and official stops.
In a previous report by KAMI, the local government of Pasig City also provided bike-share units for health workers to use going to the hospitals amid the mass transportation suspension included in the enhanced community quarantine.
Earlier, Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto appealed to the national government to exempt tricycles from the suspension. However, the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) rejected his request.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!
KAMI had a hilarious time with some Kapuso Stars who took on our Tricky Questions Challenge! Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!