Fact check: No, DOH did not release an advisory to avoid specific malls and hotels

Fact check: No, DOH did not release an advisory to avoid specific malls and hotels

- A message claiming that people should avoid specific malls due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has been circulating on social media

- The message said that people should refrain from going to these malls because people infected with COVID-19 went to these places

- However, the Department of Health has debunked the claim and said it was false

- The DOH earlier reported a total of 35 cases of COVID-19 in the Philippines

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed!

A message and social media post have been circulating on social media after claiming that people should avoid specific establishments due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

However, KAMI learned that the Department of Health (DOH) has said that the claim was false.

The circulating message said that the people should refrain from going to specific malls and hotels because the patients who tested positive for COVID-19 had been in these areas.

“Guys got this info from one of my colleagues sa club who is now tracing the NCOVID with DOH,” it read in the post.

“Dito nag ikot yung mga naging positve ng NCOVid 19. This is very confidential di pa nilalabas ng DOH as of today they have discovered 11positive individuals at dito sila nag ikot,” it added.

Fact check: No, DOH did not release an advisory to avoid specific malls and hotels

Through a Facebook post, the DOH has debunked the claim.

“DOH flags circulating message advising the public to avoid certain malls, hotels, and establishments as false,” it read in the post.

“DOH has not issued any advisory on this matter. We appeal to the public to verify their information at DOH Official Channels,” it added.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

As previously reported by KAMI, DOH announced that there are 11 additional cases of coronavirus disease in the Philippines, making a total of 35 patients.

President Rodrigo Duterte also suspended all the classes in metro Manila from March 10 to March 14 due to the outbreak.

Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!

Paano nga ba nagsimula ang Hazelberry Cafe ni Ara Mina? Gusto mo bang matikiman ang mga ito? Magpapamigay sila ng libreng cupcake! Panuorin para malaman kung paano ka makakakuha sa KAMI HumanMeter YouTube Channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Mailfire view pixel