- Mayor Vico Sotto has confirmed that a Pasig resident has tested positive for Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19)
- He also mentioned that another patient that is not a resident of Pasig was admitted to the Medical City in Pasig
- He assured the public that the local government unit has been closely working with the Department of Health (DOH)
- Sotto said that the hospitals where the patients were admitted to have been secured
Mayor Vico Sotto has clarified the issue regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Pasig City on Monday.
KAMI learned that Sotto explained that there is a patient who is a resident of Pasig that tested positive for COVID-19. However, the patient was admitted to a hospital outside Pasig City.
“There is also a covid-19 patient who is a Pasig resident, but is currently confined in a private hospital outside of Pasig,” he shared.
Through a Facebook post, Sotto also mentioned that another patient that tested positive for coronavirus disease was admitted at the Medical City in Pasig. However, the patient is not a resident of Pasig.
“As announced by the DOH, there is a covid-19 patient (not a Pasig resident) currently confined in Medical City Pasig,” Sotto shared.
Meanwhile, the Pasig mayor said that the local government unit is closely working with the Department of Health (DOH). He also assured the public that the hospitals have been secured.
“We are also implementing precautionary measures based on DOH and WHO guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact tracing (most important)
- Dedicated response teams observing proper protocol;
- Disinfection of public spaces;
- Cancelation of all public events and gatherings;
- Applications for permits for large private events on hold”
In a previous report by KAMI, Mayor Marcy Teodoro has confirmed the first case of coronavirus in Marikina City.
The DOH has announced earlier that there were four additional cases of COVID-19 in the country, making a total of 10 reported cases in the Philippines.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
GMA's newest series "Descendants of the Sun," which is an adaptation of a hit Korean series premiered on February 10. Its cast including Dingdong Dantes, Jennylyn Mercado, Jasmine Curtis-Smith, and Rocco Nacino talked about their series in an interview with KAMI. Check out all of our videos on our KAMI YouTube channel!