DOH addresses concerns over foreigners from PH who tested positive for COVID-19

DOH addresses concerns over foreigners from PH who tested positive for COVID-19

- The Department of Health (DOH) confirmed reports of foreign nationals who tested positive for Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) with travel history to the Philippines

- Health Secretary Francisco Duque said that it is possible that the foreigners acquired the disease in other countries

- However, the health agency is still trying to gather more information about the Australian national who tested positive for COVID-19

- The DOH earlier confirmed two additional positive cases of COVID-19 in the Philippines

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed!

The Department of Health (DOH) has addressed the concerns of the public regarding foreign nationals that tested for Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) with travel history to the Philippines.

KAMI reported that Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said that it is possible that the foreigners acquired the disease in other countries.

As reported by GMA News Online (authored by Dona Magsino), the first case is a 38-year-old Taiwanese man who went to the Philippines from February 28 to March 3.

The patient started experiencing diarrhea on March 2, then on March 3, he developed a sore throat, and fever. It was on March 5 that he tested positive for COVID-19.

"He developed abdominal discomfort and diarrhea on March 2, and experienced sore throat, fever, and malaise on March 3. The patient consulted at an outpatient clinic in Taiwan on March 4, and was confirmed positive for COVID-19 on March 5," Duque said.

Meanwhile, in a report by CNN Philippines (authored by Catherine Modesto), the second case is a 44-year-old Japanese man who went to Metro Manila from February 21 to 28.

The health secretary pointed out that the patient went to several countries such as Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand before he returned to Japan.

"The extensive travel history of the patient suggests possible contraction of the disease in another country," Duque said.

As reported by the Inquirer (authored by Christia Marie Ramos), Assistant Health Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said that the DOH is still trying to gather more information about the 60-year-old female who flew to the Philippines and then tested positive for coronavirus when she went back to Australia.

“Hanggang ngayon ay kinukuha pa rin namin ang complete details about this Australian national, apparently 60-year-old female na dumating daw po dito sa atin sa Pilipinas at apparently pagdating doon (sa Australia), nagpositibo po siya,” she said.

“Sa lahat po nitong mga foreign nationals na nagpopositibo po sa ibang bansa na nai-report, kinukuha po natin lahat ng detalye, mga travel history po nila,” it added.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

As previously reported by KAMI, the DOH confirmed two more additional cases of coronavirus in the Philippines.

The Corona Virus Disease was first reported in Wuhan, China. There were over 3,000 reported deaths due to the disease all over the world.

Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!

TikTok dance challenges are taking over social media. HumanMeter is on point as always asking passers-by to dance to famous songs together with our host Andre on KAMI HumanMeter Youtube Channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Mailfire view pixel