- Despite the travel ban among tourist from China due to coronavirus outbreak, the Australian government allows one Chinese woman to visit her dying son
- According to various reports, the woman is now working with some officials to work on her visa ASAP
- The woman's son who is working on a farm in Australia was involved in a vehicular accident
- The doctors pronounced the 22-year-old boy brain dead earlier this week after two weeks after the tragic accident
Despite the travel ban among tourists from China due to coronavirus outbreak, the Australian government allows one Chinese woman to visit her dying son.
According to a report from South China Morning Post (Author, John Power), the woman is now working with some officials to work on her visa ASAP.
“I’m pleased to confirm that the mother of Xiao Li has been granted a visa to Australia,” Acting Immigration Minister Alan Tudge said in a statement.
“The government will work with her during this extremely difficult time and to ensure she can see her son as quickly as possible without putting the Australian public at any risk,” he added.
The woman, Xing Lang Ren who lives in Qingdao, Shandong province, was allowed to visit his dying son before the doctors removed his life support.
22-year-old Xiao Li was involved in a vehicular accident. The report said that his car collided with a truck in Gippsland, Victoria.
KAMI learned that Xiao Li is working on farms in Queensland and Victoria and on a working holiday visa a year ago.
He was declared brain dead in Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on February 1 a travel ban on the entry of non-citizens.
This excludes permanent residents and their immediate family members, who had traveled in mainland China during the last 14 days.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!