- An online post has claimed that the 2019 novel coronavirus will not last long in the Philippines
- This is purportedly because of the hot weather in the country and the coronavirus does not like it
- However, it has been reported that the claim was false and misleading the public
- The World Health Organization (WHO) does not recommend heat exposure as a treatment for novel coronavirus
A social media post has claimed that the 2019 novel coronavirus will not last long in the Philippines because of the hot weather.
However, KAMI learned that the claim is false and misleading the public.
In a report by Rappler, the netizen mentioned that Filipinos should not panic over the coronavirus and must be constantly sweating or hot because the coronavirus does not like it.
“’Wag po tayong mag-panic sa coronavirus. Ang bansang Pilipinas ay hindi tatagalan ng virus na ito dahil mainit na bansa tayo," the netizen said.
“Panatilihin ang katawan ay pinapawisan o naiinitan, ayaw ng coronavirus 'yan. Mapupuksa sila agad," she added.
The post also said that taking vitamins and herbal medicines could help combat the deadly coronavirus.
Rappler reported that according to the World Health Organization (WHO), they do not recommend heat exposure as treatment or protection for the coronavirus.
The WHO also said that there is no specific treatment yet for the virus, however, the symptoms can be treated.
Here are the preventive measures recommended by the WHO:
- Maintaining basic hand and respiratory hygiene
- Safe food practices
- Avoiding close contact, when possible, with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing
In a previous report by KAMI, the Department of Health (DOH) confirmed two cases of 2019 novel coronavirus in the Philippines and about 80 people are under investigation.
The 2019 novel coronavirus was first reported in Wuhan, China. As of posting time, there are more than 400 people in China who died because of the disease.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!