- A lot of people could still not get over with the tragic incident that killed Kobe Bryant
- They were eagerly questioning how the helicopter crash happened on Sunday morning
- Here are seven of the most important facts that we have gathered from several online reports
- The list included the moments before the chopper fell into a hilly area in California
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and 7 other people have died because of a tragic helicopter crash in California on a foggy Sunday morning.
KAMI compiled some of the most important information reported by several news sites about the much-talked-about accident.
1. The basketball legend and his 13-year-old daughter were going to Mamba Sports Academy to attend the second day of a youth basketball tournament called “Mamba Cup.”
2. The said personalities, along with 7 other individuals, were riding a Sikorsky S-76, the private helicopter of Kobe that he often used to avoid the traffic in Los Angeles. Moreover, he liked to use the said vehicle so that he could spend more time with his family.
3. The place where the crash happened had a heavy fog on Sunday morning. In fact, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) did not use any of its helicopters during that time because of the weather condition. However, the helicopter of Kobe was given special permission.
4. The aerial vehicle of the NBA superstar left at 9:06 in the morning. The pilot was the one who serviced Kobe during his last game for the Lakers in 2016. The pilot was ordered to standby because another chopper was about to land nearby.
5. For 12 minutes, the Sikorsky S-76 circled over Grendale because of the update from Burbank air traffic control. The pilot was waiting for the "special visual flight rules" clearance so that he could proceed with the flight.
6. The helicopter crashed at 9:45 in the morning. Reportedly, it was flying at around 176 miles per hour. The vehicle crashed into a rugged area 20 miles away from Kobe’s destination. FlightRadar24 stated that the chopper crashed at around 1,700 feet.
7. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) revealed that before the helicopter crashed, it was going up to avoid the thick fog in the area. It even reached as high as 2,300 feet before it began descending. Investigation are still on-going to determine the real cause of the accident.
In a previous article by , the 20-year-old son of Shaquille O’Neal shared a screenshot of Kobe’s message moment before he passed away.
Kobe Bryant was a professional basketball player whose name was carved in the history of sports. He played for Los Angeles Lakers and he had won many championships.
POPULAR: Read more news about Kobe Bryant!
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!