- Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna Bryant passed away in a helicopter crash in California
- His former helicopter pilot, Kurt Deetz, aired his reaction to the fatal helicopter crash that took Bryant and eight other people’s lives
- Deetz told the Los Angeles Times that it was unlikely for Bryant’s helicopter, Sikorsky S-76B, to go down due to a mechanical failure
- According to Bryant’s former pilot, the poor weather condition is the most likely explanation for the tragic accident
- He also gave some details on how Bryant treated him when he was his pilot
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Kobe Bryant, 41, and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant died in a helicopter crash in California.
KAMI learned that his former helicopter pilot, Kurt Deetz, aired his reaction to the fatal helicopter crash that took Bryant and eight other people’s lives.
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times (authored by Matthew Ormseth), Deetz said that it was unlikely for Bryant’s helicopter, Sikorsky S-76B – which he rented from Island Express Helicopters, to go down due to a mechanical failure.
Deetz, a former pilot for Island Express Helicopters, said that the poor weather condition is the most likely explanation for the tragic accident.
“The likelihood of a catastrophic twin-engine failure on that aircraft — it just doesn’t happen,” Deetz said.
The pilot added that when he used to fly with Bryant, the NBA star was usually quiet, polite, and professional.
“It was always, ‘Hey,’ thumbs up, or sometimes nothing at all. He kept to himself. He would get in, get out, and that was it. There was no hugging, no backslapping — he was very professional… He’s a very private guy,” he revealed.
As reported earlier by KAMI, many famous celebrities reacted to the death of Kobe and his daughter.
Kobe Bryant is considered the greatest Los Angeles Lakers player of all time and one of the greatest basketball players in history. He won five NBA Championships, two NBA Finals MVPs, and one NBA Regular Season MVP.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!