Recently, the Taal Volcano erupted and spewed ashes that caused great harm and inconvenience to people living in nearby areas.
KAMI learned that there are about 6 tips that you can do to clean your car covered by ashfall.
Here are the effective tips, as reported by the ABS-CBN News:
- Wash your vehicle with pressurized water to remove ash. However, do not wipe the car while spraying water to avoid scratching the vehicle.
- While on the road, use your wipers if there is heavy ashfall. It may scratch the windshield but your safety is of utmost importance.
- Rinse off your car from the top downwards.
- Always remember not to wipe your car dry.
- If the engine room is affected, immediately bring your vehicle to your car dealer for proper engine cleaning.
- To refrain from having possible health risks, experts advise avoiding using the air conditioning system to prevent outside air from coming in.
It is also highly advised to refrain from driving during heavy ashfall for your own safety and the protection of your car.
In a previous report by KAMI, the World Health Organization has listed the dos and don’ts during heavy ashfall.
Alert Level 4 is still raised over Taal Volcano which means a hazardous eruption could happen anytime soon.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!