Despite the heat, huge crowd, and long lines, these celebs were caught on cam as they exercised their right to vote the next leaders of our country.
The elections this 2016 can be noted as one of the most intense elections ever because of voters being very much involved in the political scene. For many weeks, people have been arguing online and offline on why their chosen candidate is the best. Some even resorted to cyber bullying, name calling, and bashing.
While there are bad things that happened, the good thing that came out from all of this is our desire to have a better country and the acknowledgement that we need change.
Some Philippine celebrities have also decided to vote for our country’s future.
1. Carla Abellana shares her dainty manicured nails with the indelible ink on her finger.
2. Lovi Poe, who is supporting her half-sister Grace Poe, exercises “her right to vote.”
3. Sunshine Cruz looks fresh and gorgeous as ever despite the sweltering day.
4. The queen of all media Kris Aquino votes in Quezon City.
5. The “Be My Lady” actress, Erich Gonzales, gets her forefinger coated with indelible ink.
6. Maricar Reyes-Poon shares her voting experience: “No problem with our precint's VCM, receipt came out as it should. So far so good! Magdala ng kodigo para mas mabilis ang pag-fill out ng ballot. Medyo humahaba na ang pila, so if you're just heading out to vote, bring snacks for the wait.” (Bring your own cheat sheet so filling your ballot will be quick. The line is getting long, so if you’re just heading out to vote, bring snacks for the wait.)
7. Mateo Guidecelli prays that “everything goes well.”
8. Julia Montes voted wisely this May 9.
9. Angel Locsin looks angelic despite admitting that she sweated a lot inside her voting precinct.
10. Kim Chiu offers her vote “para sa Pilipinas.” (For the Philippines.)
11. The newbie actor and Hashtags member, Mccoy De Leon votes for the first time and he hopes that it was “worth it.”
12. Along with Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), Enchong Dee takes pride in taking his “part as a Filipino and I will respect the outcome of#Halalan2016 ? Kudos to all the Volunteers of this election, there was no problem in our precinct and people were very organized???? #Godspeed.”
13. Heart Evangelista shares a photo of her forefinger with indelible ink and Vice Presidential candidate, Chiz Escudero’s as well.
14. Iza Calzado promotes “My Candidate” her political romantic-comedy film with Derek Ramsey and Shaina Magdayao after voting.
15. Lastly, Kathryn Bernardo shows her painted nails with indelible ink. Not long after, the actress along with Daniel Padilla was seen violating election rules.